It is important to whitewash your wood, as it will help you to improve the way in which your wood is appearing. Numbers of different ways are available which one can use to provide the whitewash over their wood. These wooden strips can then be used to apply over your farmhouse to improve its overall look to the individuals who are going to visit over there.
Each of the methods available is having its own unique peculiarity which is making that method popular. We have discussed here methods to elaborate on how to whitewash wood. It will help in preparing the desired white-washed wood with the aesthetics required.
Technique #1: Paint and Water
In this technique, different tools and materials are used including:
- White Paint
- Mixing Cup
- Water and Paint are mixed in the mixing cup in equal proportion. This will help to achieve the desired consistency in the mixture which is prepared.
- Now the rag is dipped in the mixture which will then be applied over the wood. The process of applying this is similar to applying the stain and then wiping it for distribution evenly over the wooden surface.
- This will be allowed to dry for applying the next coat until the desired opacity is obtained.
Technique #2: Paint and Wax Supplies
Different tools and materials used in this technique include:
- White Paint
- White or Clear wax candle
- Water (optional)
- Wax is roughly rubbed over the wood which will allow us to leave wax behind on the wooden surface.
- Now the entire surface of the wood is painted using white paint. It will then take around 15 to 20 minutes to settle.
- Rags are now used for scrubbing the surface. Even pressure is applied over the surface specifically to remove the paint which is present over a particular wax area. One can even provide moisture over the rag which can be beneficial for removing more amount of paint over the surface of the wood.
- It is also possible that these tricks might take more than a day if you are working on a larger project.
Technique #3: Paint and Drag
Various supplies of materials that are used in this method include:
- White Paint
- Plastic Scrapper or wide putty knife
- In this method, paint is directly poured over the center of the board which is to be painted.
- Scrapper is now used which will be helpful to ensure that paint is spread over the surface of the board. All of the grains present over the wood grooves will be filled up with this paint.
- There will be a few areas where there will be the need of performing these steps again. One can repeat these steps for those areas to ensure that proper paint is applied over different areas of the wooden board.
Looking at the different techniques available, it can turn out to be quite difficult to select the one which best matches one’s requirements. One should select the technique which can give the best output for whitewashing their wooden strip. It will help in ensuring that the desired intensity of the color levels is applied over the wooden strips.
Thus, we can say that there are a number of ways available that one can use for whitewashing wood. Selection of the right method is important and should be based on the place where the wooden strip is to be applied. Even one can select based on the quality of the wood which is selected to be whitewashed.